Young Omaha boy dies of overdose

By: Newsroom

8@klkntv.com

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) _ Authorities say a 10-year-old Omaha boy found unresponsive in his home died of an overdose of prescription drugs.

Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine says an autopsy shows Shykell Robinson died from an overdose of four drugs : methadone, oxycodone, lorazepam and haloperidol.

Kleine wants to know how the boy got the drugs.

No arrests have been reported in Robinson's death.

Emergency crews were called to his home on April 15th when his mother couldn't wake him. He was rushed to the hospital where he died.

Investigators removed Robinson's siblings when they found “filthy and dangerous conditions,'' including mold and insects. Authorities say there were no beds and little food.