Five Nebraska Schools named National Blue Ribbon Schools
A total of 325 schools will be recognized including five located in Nebraska.
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – Miguel Cardona, the U.S. Secretary of Education, recognized 325 schools around the country as National Blue Ribbon Schools for 2021.
Out of the 325 schools chosen, five are located in Nebraska:
- Fort Calhoun – Fort Calhoun Jr-Sr. High School, Fort Calhoun Community Schools.
- Lincoln – Lux Middle School, Lincoln Public School District.
- Omaha – Carl A Swanson Elementary School, Westside Community School District.
- Omaha – Sagewood Elementary School, Elkhorn Public School District.
- Omaha – St. Robert Bellarmine School, Archdiocese of Omaha Catholic Schools.
These schools are recognized based on a school’s overall academic performance or progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups.
“This year’s cohort of honorees demonstrates what is possible when committed educators and school leaders create vibrant, welcoming, and affirming school cultures where rich teaching and learning can flourish,” said Secretary Cardona.
The award affirms the hard work done by educators, families and communities that create safe and welcoming schools for students to master challenging and engaging content.
During the 39 years of the program, 10,000 awards have been received by more than 9,000 schools.