Nearly 40K for Herrerra, Thank you Nebraska!
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — The final count is in!
Nearly 40,000 dollars was raised at Channel 8’s Donation Drive for the wounded Lincoln officer, Investigator Herrera.
Taking place Tuesday, Sept. 1, the community came together for a 12-hour event, as we collected donations, letters, and a few stuffed bears for Inv. Herrera and his family.
By the end of the day, the Channel 8 team raised 37,841 dollars! All of which is going to the official fund for Herrera’s family to pay for his medical and recovery bills as he fights for his life.
Of course, we could not have done this without the support of the Nebraska community. We’d like to extend our deepest gratitude to everyone who participated!
Special thanks to:
- Anderson Auto Group for donating $5,000 to kick start the drive
- Advanced Chiropractic Solutions for donating $1,000
- Honda of Lincoln for donating $1,000
- Panera Bread, 1424 Pine Like Rd, for donating bagels and two carafes of coffee
- Super Saver for donating two dozen glazed donuts, four dozen cookies
- DaVinci’s for donating pasta and garlic bread
- Subway for donating three dozen cookies
Special thanks to guest speakers:
- UNLPD Chief Hassan Ramzah
- NSP Captain Sean Caradoi
- Nebraska Community Blood Bank
- LPD Motor Unit
- President of the Chamber of Commerce Wendy Birdsall
- Mike Anderson with Anderson Auto Group
- Father James Hottovy
- John Chappo with the Lincoln Children’s Zoo
- Mayor Lierion Gaylor Baird
- Husker Football Head Coach Scott Frost
- Husker Basketball Head Coach Fred Hoiberg
- Omaha Police Department
- Lancaster County Sheriff Terry Wagner
- LPD Chief Jeff Bliemeister
- Malone Center’s Ishma Valenti
- Mario Herrera’s family members