Below Freezing Highs 12/14/2020
We are starting off this Monday morning with the coldest air of the season! Temperatures are in single digits and teens thanks to clear skies and snow on the ground. We won’t warm up much more either, because by the afternoon highs will still be below freezing in the upper 20s for southeast Nebraska. Clouds will also increase throughout the day helping prevent any warming. Overnight tonight, parts of the viewing area could see a few snow flurries that might linger into early Tuesday morning. Lows will be in the upper teens with highs returning to the 30s by the afternoon. We hold onto December highs for the entire week before warming up into Friday.
- TODAY: Temperatures struggle to warm today thanks to increasing clouds. HIGH: 27
- TUESDAY: A few snow flurries to start the day, before we dry out and are stuck with clouds. HIGH: 30
- WEDNESDAY: Mostly sunny skies with highs back in the mid-30s. HIGH: 35
- THURSDAY: Close to the 40s with sunny skies. HIGH: 39
- FRIDAY: The 40s return with breezy conditons and partly cloudy skies. HIGH: 42
Meteorologist Brittany Foster