A bit warmer for Earth Day 4/22/2021
Temperatures are currently sitting in the upper 20s and low 30s across southeast Nebraska as a result of cooling from clear skies. Frost is also possible in some spots, so add a few extra minutes to your morning routine to scrape. Don’t forget to grab the jacket as you head out the door and the umbrella today, too! Clouds will increase into the afternoon and evening with spotty showers in the forecast. Highs will still warm a few degrees higher than the last few days despite the clouds thanks to the return of southerly winds. Most of the area will top out in the mid-50s today. Temperatures will also be warmer overnight with lows in the upper 30s and a few lingering spotty showers possible still. Sprinkles are possible on Thursday as a cold front moves through before we dry out and warm into the weekend.
- TODAY: Increasing clouds with the chance for a few spotty showers into the afternoon and evening. HIGH: 55
- FRIDAY: The 60s return with partly cloudy skies and the chance for a few sprinkles. HIGH: 62
- SATURDAY: More 60s with widespread sunny skies. HIGH: 63
- SUNDAY: Mostly sunny skies and breezy with highs in the mid-70s. HIGH: 75
- MONDAY: HELLO 80S! Well above average highs with sunny skies and blustery wind speeds. HIGH: 83
Meteorologist Brittany Foster