Accumulating snow on the way 12/10/2020
We are starting off this Thursday morning with temperatures in the 20s and 30s across southeast Nebraska. Clear skies and calm winds have allowed us to cool and unfortunately we won’t recover by the afternoon. Overall highs today will still be above average but not in the 60s. Instead, southeast Nebraska will top out in the low 50s today with increasing clouds leading to partly clouds skies by the evening. Overnight a wintry mix arrives which could lead to a messy Friday commute. The mix fully transitions over to snow by Friday afternoon and will last into Saturday. As of now, we could see up to 3-5” of snow in the heart of Lincoln.
- TODAY: A bit cooler today with highs in the low 50s and increasing clouds. Wintry mix likely overnight. HIGH: 53
- FRIDAY: Winter mix in the morning, gradually changing into snow by the afternoon and lasting into the evening. Snow will continue to fall overnight. HIGH: 38
- SATURDAY: AM snow lingering into the early afternoon hours before pushing eastward. Highs stuck in the low 30s. HIGH: 34
- SUNDAY: Dry conditions with mostly sunny skies and highs in the mid-30s. HIGH: 36
- MONDAY: Warming above freezing with highs in the mid-40s and mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 46
Meteorologist Brittany Foster