Another day with triple digit heat index values 8/10/2021
Some of you are off to a damp start, as small showers and thunderstorms are pushing eastward to the south of I-80. These are quickly weakening and we should dry out around sunrise. Temperatures are also mild and muggy in the low 70s with partly cloudy skies, but as we progress into the afternoon clouds should start to clear out a bit. A few more spotty showers and thunderstorms are likely in the afternoon, but most of the area is expected to stay dry. Highs today will be hot in the low 90s with high humidity. This will make it feel more like the triple digits again.
Our Heat Advisory will expire at 9 PM tonight, and then a second Heat Advisory will go into effect tomorrow at 11 AM. Temperatures remain hot in the mid-90s through Thursday before the 80s return on Friday.
- TODAY: Highs in the low 90s with humid conditions and a Heat Advisory through 9 PM. Heat index values will be in the triple digits again. HIGH: 93
- WEDNESDAY: Even hotter with highs back in the upper 90s and heat index values in the triple digits. HEAT ADVISORY 11AM-9PM HIGH: 97
- THURSDAY: Highs in the mid to upper 90s with triple digit feels like temps. HIGH: 96
- FRIDAY: Heat relief finally arrives! Highs cool down to the mid-80s with an isolated chance for rain. HIGH: 86
- SATURDAY: Still in the mid-80s with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 86
Meteorologist Brittany Foster