Back to average temps today 5/13/2021
Spotty showers are pushing eastward into northern Nebraska currently while south of I-80 remains dry. This will continue into the afternoon today before the entire area dries out. Current temperatures are a bit warmer than yesterday, with most of southeast Nebraska currently sitting in the 40s. Temperatures this afternoon will quickly warm back to average in the low 70s thanks to a bit of sunshine in between the partly cloudy skies. Our rain chances return late this evening as thunderstorms and showers will likely push through the eastern half of the state through the overnight hours. Due to the cloud coverage, temperatures will only drop down to the 50s tonight. Highs continue to warm into the 70s the next several days and rain sticks around. There is still a chance of rain every single day for the next 10 days.
- TODAY: Clouds gradually increase with the chance for thunderstorms after 7 PM. HIGH: 70
- FRIDAY: Rain likely in the morning with highs in the low to mid-70s. HIGH: 73
- SATURDAY: Partly cloudy skies with rain possible near the Kansas border. HIGH: 71
- SUNDAY: Scattered showers with highs still in the low 70s. HIGH: 73
- MONDAY: More scattered showers. HIGH: 74
Meteorologist Brittany Foster