Blustery winds today with the return of sunshine 10/28/2021
We are off to a much drier start across southeast NE this morning, but a few spotty sprinkles and showers are still moving through the area. Temperatures are chilly in the 40s for most with cloudy skies and gusty northwest winds. These chilly temperatures will stick around again for today, as highs will only warm into the mid to upper 50s. Clouds will clear a bit throughout the day leading to partly cloudy skies by the evening.
A Wind Advisory will go into effect today at 10 AM due to the blustery winds that are expected today.
Wind gusts around 45 mph are likely through the afternoon, before wind speeds start to calm into the evening hours.
Your Friday also looks pretty breezy but not as gusty with highs in the low 60s and sunny skies. We hold onto the above average 60s and sunshine through Saturday, before clouds move in for Halloween as well as highs in the low 50s. Next week looks even cooler and possibly will be the coldest air we have seen so far this season. Highs will only reach the 40s for most of next week with lows in the 20s.
- TODAY: Wind Advisory in effect from 10 AM-7 PM today with wind gusts around 45 mph. Highs remain chilly in the upper 50s with partly cloudy skies likely this afternoon. HIGH: 57
- FRIDAY: Not as breezy with sunny skies and highs in the low 60s. HIGH: 60
- SATURDAY: Perfect weather for the Huskers football game as highs will reach the mid-60s and sunny skies. HIGH: 65
- HALLOWEEN: Cloudy skies with chilly highs in the low 50s. Bundle up the kids while trick-or-treating! HIGH: 51
- MONDAY: Overcast skies with light rain and highs in the mid-40s. HIGH: 45
Meteorologist Brittany Foster