Chilly start to Friday 2/26/2021
Most of southeast Nebraska is currently sitting in the 20s with partly cloudy skies and overall calm conditions. My only concern this morning is the possibility for a few slick spots on the roads from an overnight refreeze. Watch for shiny spots on the roads and even sidewalks as you head out and about. Some clouds will hang around throughout the day today, but it looks like we should still have mostly sunny skies. The sun combined with blustery southerly winds will help boost our temperatures to the upper 40s today. Wind gusts could get up 30 mph at times during the day today, so secure any lose outdoor items. There is a slight chance that we could see a few spotty showers this afternoon and evening, but most of the area is expected to stay dry. Mostly clear skies return overnight tonight and temperatures drop down to the mid-20s. We start off the weekend with the 50s and a few scattered showers and then we dry out on Sunday with cool temperatures in the 40s. A whole stretch of 50s return for next week with a dry looking weather pattern.
- TODAY: A few degrees warmer with mostly sunny to partly cloudy skies. A few showers are possible to the east this afternoon and evening. HIGH: 48
- SATURDAY: Hello 50s! Temperatures will be on the mild side, but scattered showers are likely the second half of the day. HIGH: 53
- SUNDAY: A bit cooler with highs in the mid-40s and mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 45
- MARCH 1: Widespread sunshine with highs back in the low 50s. HIGH: 50
- TUESDAY: Highs will top out near the low 60s with mostly sunny skies! HIGH: 59
Meteorologist Brittany Foster