Cooler today with increasing clouds 10/14/2021
Don’t forget to grab your jackets before you head out the door this morning! Temperatures in southeast Nebraska are currently sitting in the 30s and 40s with clear skies. Patchy frost is likely for some around sunrise the further to the west you live, but closer to Lincoln will likely stay frost free. Your afternoon will start off with mostly sunny skies and we will see cool fall-like highs in the low to mid-60s today. But clouds will increase as we head further into your Thursday.
There is a slight chance for a few spotty showers late this evening for the Tri-Cities. This small rain chance will continue to push eastward overnight, resulting in some showers before it exits the state.
We will dry out by the morning and are left with a mix of sunshine and clouds, with highs in the upper 50s! Temperatures gradually warm throughout the weekend, but they drop again by the middle of next week.
- TODAY: Chilly and frosty start to the day with mostly sunny skies. Clouds increase as the day progresses and highs reach the low to mid-60s. Slight chance for a few late evening and overnight showers. HIGH: 64
- FRIDAY: Even cooler high temperatures with breezy winds and mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 59
- SATURDAY: Frosty start to the day with sunny skies and highs in the mid-60s by the afternoon. HIGH: 65
- SUNDAY: Well above average with highs in the mid-70s and sunny skies. HIGH: 74
- MONDAY: Another above average day in the mid-70s. HIGH: 75
Meteorologist Brittany Foster