Dehumidifier sparked fire at south Lincoln home, causing $80,000 in damage

Untitled Design 2023 05 30t105145515

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – Firefighters battled a blaze in a basement at a south Lincoln home on Friday.

Lincoln Fire & Rescue crews were sent around 3:30 p.m. to the house near 14th Street and Old Cheney Road.

LFR spokeswoman MJ Lierman said firefighters found a small blaze in the basement.

The residents made it out without any injuries.  But a firefighter did suffer a minor injury, Lierman said.

A dehumidifier started the fire, which caused about $80,000 in damage, according to Lierman.

SEE ALSO: Kitchen fire breaks out at Lincoln home with people and pets inside

Categories: Lancaster, News