Free activities to do in Lincoln
If you are looking to explore Lincoln, there are a number of free activities to get you started.
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – If you are looking to explore Lincoln, there are a number of free activities to get you started.
- Take a walk through Pioneers Park and stop at the Nature Center or view the small herd of bison. This is also a great place to bring your own picnic.
- Take a guided tour of the Nebraska State Capitol and make sure to go to the observation deck on the 14th floor for a view of the city.
- Go fishing at Holmes Lake, play on the playground and bike or walk on the trail around the lake.
- Watch thousands of annuals and perennials bloom during the summer months at the Sunken Gardens.
- Take a tour of the indoor art exhibits and outdoor sculptures at Sheldon Museum of Art.
- Enjoy the Historic Haymarket by taking a Historic Haymarket Walking Tour or visit on Saturday mornings for the Farmers Market (May-October, 8am-noon).