Frigid start to your Monday 2/8/2021
Frigid air has made its way into the area as we are starting off this new work week. Current temperatures this morning range from -5 to 5 degrees with wind chill values in some spots around -20 degrees. Make sure to cover any exposed skin before you head outside. A few snow showers are possible through the early afternoon, but mostly cloudy skies will stick around for the remainder of the day. Some of the area could see partly cloudy skies as well. Temperatures by the afternoon and evening will top out in the single digits with wind chill values below zero for the entire day. Overnight, bitter cold air moves back in with actual air temperatures near -10 degrees. High temperatures the rest of the week will be in the single digits to teens with dangerously cold wind chill values. A few chances for snow are also possible for the second half of the week.
- TODAY: AM snow flurries possible with mostly cloudy skies and highs in the single digits. HIGH: 7
- TUESDAY: Waking up to -10 to -20 degree wind chill values. Partly cloudy skies for the rest of the day with highs near the teens. HIGH: 9
- WEDNESDAY: High temperatures return to the low teens for some with mostly cloudy skies. Chance for snow showers. HIGH: 13
- THURSDAY: Another chance for snow showers with highs back in the single digits. HIGH: 5
- FRIDAY: Mostly cloudy skies with snow showers. HIGH: 3
Meteorologist Brittany Foster