Heat & humidity return today with blustery winds 9/16/2021
Southeast NE is already warming into the upper 70s and low 80s currently with clear skies. Wind speeds are already gusting up to 30 mph in some spots, and will likely continue to throughout the day with sunny skies and humid conditions. Highs are back in the low 90s today, so the breezy conditions might help attempt to cool you down a little. A cold front drops southward through NE overnight and will fire up thunderstorms as it moves. These storms won’t reach southeast NE until likely after midnight. Temperatures will fall into the mid-60s and wind speeds will gradually calm down overnight. The chance for thunderstorms continues throughout your Friday, and highs will be cooler in the upper 70s as a result. We warm right back into the upper 80s and low 90s by the weekend, with another drop in temps next week.
- TODAY: Back in the low 90s with humid and blustery conditions. Wind gusts will peak close to 30 mph throughout the day. HIGH: 92
- FRIDAY: Cold front results in scattered t’storms throughout the day with cloudy skies and cooler temperatures. Highs will only reach the mid to upper 70s! HIGH: 77
- SATURDAY: Temperatures warm back into the upper 80s with mostly clear skies. HIGH: 88
- SUNDAY: The low 90s return with sunny skies. HIGH: 91
- MONDAY: Mostly sunny skies with highs in the upper 80s. Chance for rain late in the day? HIGH: 89
Meteorologist Brittany Foster