Historic building evacuated

Posted By: KLKN Newsroom
8@klkntv.com

A historic Lincoln building was evacuated after a tenant pulled the fire alarm. Lincoln Fire and Rescue responded to the call on Lincoln Mall at the Ambassador just before 7 p.m.

Firefighters say there were burning wires from a faulty furnace in one of the units. 

“People had evacuated out of this structure when we got here. We like to see that when we do get on location. A lot of times, when we get here, the alarm will be going off with these apartment buildings and there will be nobody standing outside. That’s a firefighters worst nightmare,” LFR Caption Jeff Gottbreht said. 

Resident were allowed back into the building once it was deemed safe.

The damage is estimated to be less than $1,000. 

Categories: News