Huskers fall to Northwestern in overtime
The Nebraska men's basketball team lost its 14th straight game with an historic 8-for-30 clip at the free throw line.
Story Courtesy: Nebraska Athletic Communications
Nebraska Post-Game Notes
- Nebraska played in its fourth overtime game of the season, falling to 1-3 in overtime games. The four overtime games ties the school record, set most recently in 2007-08. NU falls to 63-50 all-time in overtime games.
- The Huskers tied their season high with 12 3-pointers, marking the third game this season with 12 threes. With the 12 3-pointers, Nebraska has made 236 threes this season, moving into fourth place on the program’s single-season 3-point list.
- Nebraska had a season-high 16 steals in the game, eclipsing its previous high of 15 on Dec. 29 against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi. The 16 steals were a Pinnacle Bank Arena record and the most by a Husker team since recording 16 against San Jose State on Nov. 16, 2008.
- Dachon Burke Jr. tied his season high with five steals, as one of five Huskers with multiple steals. He also have five steals against George Mason
- Yvan Ouedraogo grabbed a career-high 19 rebounds, matching the Pinnacle Bank Arena record first set by Maryland’s Bruno Fernando on Feb. 6, 2019. Ouedraogo leads Nebraska with a Husker freshman-record 191 rebounds this season. Ouedraogo’s 19 rebounds is the most by a freshman since at least the 1986-87 season (Brian Conkin had 17 vs. Kansas State, 2/14/01). Ouedraogo’s 19 rebounds is the most by a Husker since Kimani Ffriend had 20 vs. Oral Roberts on Dec. 22, 1999.
- Ouedraogo also scored 11 points to go along with his 19 rebounds, posting his third double-double of the season and second in three games. He is averaging 8.5 points and 9.3 rebounds per game over Nebraska’s last six contests. Ouedraogo’s three double-doubles equals the most ever by a Husker freshman.
- Haanif Cheatham led Nebraska with 20 points on Senior Day, his 12th career 20-point game and fourth this season. It is NU’s 11 20-point game of the season.
- Dachon Burke Jr. had 19 points, including 18 in the second half and overtime.
- Cam Mack had seven assists giving him 179 assists this season, as he tied Charles Richardson Jr. (2006-07) for the third-most assists in a season in Nebraska history.
- Nebraska finished the season with an average attendance of 15,605, breaking the school record for highest average attendance (15,569, 2014-15).