LFR: Cigarette causes southeast Lincoln house fire

Estimated damage to the house and contents is $50,000. 
20200408 170907

Fire officials say an improperly discarded cigarette is to blame for a house fire in southeast Lincoln.

Lincoln Fire & Rescue responded to the fire at a home near 70th and Yankee Hill Rd. Wednesday afternoon.

Firefighters quickly put out the fire, which was in the basement.

The occupants and two dogs were evacuated. No injuries were reported.

Estimated damage to the house and contents is $50,000.

 

Categories: News