LFR responds to a duplex fire

Posted By: KLKN Newsroom
8@klkntv.com

Lincoln Fire and Rescue responded to a duplex fire near 14th and A. It happened late this afternoon. 

Residents smelled smoke in the duplex, went downstairs and found a small fire in a coal chute. 

Everyone inside the building got out safely. The Red Cross is helping two families find a place to stay tonight. 

Investigators think a discarded cigarette in the coal chute started the fire. The damage is estimated to be around $5,000. 

Categories: News