Long stretch of 90s ahead 7/22/2021
Far northeast Nebraska is starting off the day with a few sprinkles and light showers, while the rest of the state is on the dry side. Southeast Nebraska is picking up some of the clouds from the rain to our north, but we still have pretty clear skies. Current temperatures are sitting in the 60s across the area with light winds out of the south. It might be a nice morning to roll the windows down for your commute! Later today you will want to have the AC on though, because highs return to the low 90s across the state with mostly sunny skies. Temperatures quickly soar into the upper 90s Friday and Saturday with heat index values in the triple digits. We briefly cool a little down Sunday and Monday with some spotty rain, before temperatures skyrocket back up into the 90s and triple digits for next week.
- TODAY: The low 90s are back with mostly sunny skies and a bit of a breeze. HIGH: 92
- FRIDAY: High temperatures soar into the upper 90s with heat index values in the triple digits. HIHG: 97
- SATURDAY: Another toasty day with triple digits heat index values. Slight chance for storms late in the day. HIGH: 96
- SUNDAY: A little bit of heat relief as temperatures fall back into the low 90s with scattered rain. HIGH: 93
- MONDAY: Getting muggy with highs in the low 90s and sunny skies. HIGH: 92
Meteorologist Brittany Foster