Mild Monday with breezy winds and the potential for fires 10/18/2021
We are off to a calm and mild start to the work week as skies are clear and temperatures are currently sitting in the 40s for most this morning. Its still cool enough that you will want to send the kids off to the bus stop in their light jackets though! Highs will quickly warm into the upper 70s today, so you can shed your layers as we head into the afternoon.
Wind speeds will also turn gusty further into the day, with southerly gusts peaking around 30 mph. The gusty breeze combined with warmer weather and dry conditions creates the risk for fires today. Please avoid burning!
Temperatures stay mild through Tuesday and breezy winds stick around, but a cold front arriving Wednesday changes up the weather. We end the week with cooler temperatures and a pretty dry forecast.
- TODAY: Breezy, dry and warm with highs in the upper 70s and southerly gusts up to 30 mph. High fire danger today. HIGH: 77
- TUESDAY: Highs flirt with the low 80s with breezy conditions. HIGH: 79
- WEDNESDAY: Cold front brings cooler air with highs in the low 60s and breezy winds. HIGH: 61
- THURSDAY: Feeling more like fall in the upper 50s and mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 59
- FRIDAY: Mostly sunny skies with highs in the low 60s. HIGH: 63
Meteorologist Brittany Foster