New parking project underway at Eppley Airfield
OMAHA, Neb. (KLKN) — The Omaha Airport Authority is starting a new construction program at Eppley Airfield that will “include a significant modernization” of the airport’s garages.
Work on this project began on Wednesday, June 16, and is expected to be done by late 2022.
Airfield officials say the project will include:
- Expansion of the Terminal Entrance Roadway
- Stoplights and improved signage
- Additional traffic lanes
- Landscaping and new lighting
- Restoration of the South Garage
- Addition of an express ramp to a new Premier Parking on Level 3
- Energy-efficient lighting and wider stalls
- New signage
Access to the terminal and south garage will be maintained during construction, with the possibility of minor detours. Travelers are encouraged to use the new North Garage in the meantime.
The project is expected to cost nearly $29 million.