Officials announce updated DHM for Lancaster County; mask mandate to continue
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – Officials on Friday announced updates to Lancaster County’s directed health measure.
The new DHM will take effect Nov. 1 and go through the end of the month.
Some of the updates include:
- Gathering limitations will now be in line with the current state DHM
- Indoor gatherings will be limited to 10 people or 50% occupancy (whichever is greater)
- Outdoor gatherings will be limited to 10 people or 75% of capacity (whichever is greater)
- Groups at bars and restaurants will be limited to no more than 8 people and groups must be six feet apart
- Plans for events and youth sports must be submitted and approved to the county health department
- Mask mandate will continue in next DHM
The COVID-19 Risk Dial remained in the elevated orange position.
Since Saturday, seven COVID-19 deaths have been reported in Lancaster County, with 18 deaths this month. The deaths represent 43% of the county’s total (42) since the pandemic began.
Total cases reached 8,668, with an average of more than 600 cases per week over the past six weeks.
On average, 59 people have been hospitalized with the virus in Lancaster County.
Reported recoveries rose to 3,797.