Rain continues today with chilly temperatures 4/8/2021
Rain showers are currently pushing through the center of the viewing area in between Grand Island and Lincoln. Other spots around the main rain band are also seeing a bit of sprinkles as well, so I highly recommend grabbing the rain gear. You will definitely want the wipers on and a jacket for your morning commute due to the rain and chilly temperatures. Current temperatures are sitting in the 40s with wind chill values in the 30s. Blustery wind gusts are around 30 mph already and these windy conditions will continue into the rest of your Thursday. We dry out overnight as the low pressure system pushes eastward, and clouds start to clear. This leads to a sunny Friday forecast with increasing temperatures into the weekend. Highs will return to the upper 60s with sunny skies.
- TODAY: Scattered showers into the late evening with cool highs in the low 50s. Overnight lows dip down to the upper 30s. HIGH: 51
- FRIDAY: The 60s and sunshine are back! Clouds will increase the second half of the day ahead of our next chance of rain. Rain returns in the evening and lasts through Saturday morning. HIGH: 65
- SATURDAY: AM showers with highs in the mid-60s. HIGH: 65
- SUNDAY: Mostly sunny skies with highs flirting with the low 70s. HIGH: 69
- MONDAY: AM rain chance with highs in the low 60s. HIGH: 60
Meteorologist Brittany Foster