Slightly warmer today with another Heat Advisory 8/26/2021
Central and northern Nebraska are starting off Thursday with clusters of thunderstorms. Southeast Nebraska currently remains dry, and will stay dry through the morning with temperatures in the muggy 70s. Isolated showers and thunderstorms will likely return into the late morning and afternoon, closer to the Tri-Cities. Lincoln looks to appear dry throughout the day with mostly sunny skies. Highs will reach the upper 90s with heat index values in the triple digits again.
Another Heat Advisory has been issued as a result and will go into effect after 12 PM for most of the area.
We stay hot through Saturday and then a cold front will bring us heat relief with the 80s to end off the weekend. Scattered thunderstorms will also return across southeast Nebraska on Sunday.
- TODAY: Heat Advisory in effect from 12-8PM. Heat index values will be in the triple digits across southeast Nebraska. Isolated chance for thunderstorms mainly to the west and north of the area. HIGH: 99
- FRIDAY: Heat index values near the triple digits still with and isolated chance for rain. HIGH:97
- SATURDAY: Highs cool to the low to mid-90s with the chance for thunderstorms late in the day. HIGH: 94
- SUNDAY: Heat relief arrives! Highs only warm to the low to mid-80s with the chance for scattered thunderstorms. HIGH: 84
- MONDAY: Highs remain near average with temperatures in the mid-80s and an isolated chance for rain. HIGH: 86
Meteorologist Brittany Foster