Stove fire causes $100,000 in damage at east Lincoln home, officials say

Lincoln Fire And Rescue

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – Several firefighters battled a stove fire at a home in east Lincoln late Wednesday night.

Around 9:55 p.m., Lincoln Fire & Rescue crews were sent to the home near 98th and Holdrege Streets.

When crews arrived, they found a fire in the kitchen.  LFR spokeswoman MJ Lierman said the fire started from a stove.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames, preventing further spread, according to Lierman.

No one was injured in the fire.

Fire Inspector Chuck Schweitzer estimated that the fire caused $100,000 in damage.

Categories: Lancaster, News