Train of 90s on the way 7/21/2021
We are off to a quiet start on this Wednesday morning as temperatures are in the 60s and skies are clear. Some of the area is seeing a bit of fog, but the majority of southeast Nebraska is free of it this morning. Mostly sunny skies will continue into the afternoon and southerly winds will increase a tad. Both of these will help warm our temperatures near seasonal into the upper 80s and low 90s today. The warming trend quickly increases our high temperatures into the upper 90s by the end of the week and dew point temperatures also increase. This means we easily could see heat index values in the triple digits as we end off the week and start the weekend. The toasty end of July continues into next week with actual high temperatures potentially in the triple digits and fairly dry conditions.
- TODAY: Seasonal highs in the upper 80s and low 90s with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 90
- THURSDAY: Highs reach the mid-90s with breezy conditions.
- FRIDAY: Highs return to the upper 90s with heat index values in the triple digits. HIGH: 97
- SATURDAY: Another sizzling hot day in the upper 90s. Showers late? HIGH: 97
- SUNDAY: Isolated chance for rain with highs in the low 90s. HIGH: 93
Meteorologist Brittany Foster