Warm & sunny start to the work week 7/5/2021
We are starting off your Monday morning with moderate air quality thanks to all of the Fourth of July fireworks. Air quality is improving and will continue to as we head further into the morning. Temperatures are in the 60s and 70s with mostly clear skies across southeast Nebraska. We will hold onto clear skies for the rest of the day and winds out of the south will warm us into the mid-90s for high temperatures. The northern half of the state will likely see a few t’storms into the evening, but these are expected to weaken before reaching I-80. Dry conditions are expected overnight with temperatures in the 90s again tomorrow. After that, a cold front will briefly cool us down and bring a few rain chances through Thursday.
- TODAY: Another warm day in the mid-90s with sunny skies. Isolated PM t’storms in northeast Nebraska. HIGH: 94
- TUESDAY: Rain chances increase throughout the day as a cold front drops through the state. HIGH: 94
- WEDNESDAY: Big drop in temperatures as highs will only reach the low 80s. AM showers possible. HIGH: 83
- THURSDAY: A tad warmer in the upper 80s with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 88
- FRIDAY: Back to the low 90s with the chance for scattered rain. HIGH: 91
Meteorologist Brittany Foster