Warmer today with some clouds 8/5/2021
Rain from overnight is starting to fall apart across eastern Nebraska this morning, so grab the umbrella just in case you run into a stray shower. I expect a dry commute for most of the area this morning with mild lows in the 60s. Clouds will hang around for most of the day today but we will see a bit of sunshine in between the clouds. Highs will also be on the warmer side in the upper 80s with the chance for a few low 90s. We continue to warm into the weekend with heat index values eventually near the triple digits a and a few more rain chances.
- TODAY: Very small chance for a few pop-up showers/t’storms today. High return to average in the upper 80s with partly cloudy skies by the evening. HIGH: 89
- FRIDAY: Sunny skies with highs in the low 90s and the chance for t’storms late in the day. HIGH: 93
- SATURDAY: Humid and cloudy! Highs stick around in the low to mid-90s with muggy conditions and the chance for strong to severe storms late in the day. HIGH: 91
- SUNDAY: Another muggy and hot day. HIGH: 90
- MONDAY: Sunny skies return with toasty highs in the mid-90s and heat index values near the triple digits. HIGH: 95
Meteorologist Brittany Foster