Warming trend into the weekend 9/9/2021
We are off to another chilly start across southeast Nebraska as temperatures have fallen into the low 50s with light winds. Grab your jacket before you send the kids out the door or head out for your commute! We will gradually warm into the low to mid-80s today with plenty of sunshine and a bit of a haze to the sky.
The hazy skies are thanks to the jet stream which is feeding the smoke directly into Nebraska as a result of its northwesterly winds.
Temperatures quickly warm into Friday with highs back in the 90s through Saturday. We briefly cool a bit down into Sunday, before the 90s return by Monday. A few rain chances also return into next week.
- TODAY: Another mild day with widespread sunshine and highs in the mid-80s. HIGH: 85
- FRIDAY: Hot and humid with highs back in the low 90s. HIGH: 92
- SATURDAY: Even hotter with highs in the mid to upper 90s across southeast Nebraska. HIGH: 95
- SUNDAY: Slight break from the heat as highs return to the low 80s. HIGH: 83
- MONDAY: Highs return to the low 90s with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 91
Meteorologist Brittany Foster