Windy & warm end to the week 4/2/2021
Temperatures are on the mild side this morning with most of southeast Nebraska sitting in the upper 30s and low 40s. But wind gusts are already gusting up to the mid-30s this morning, which means we have wind chill values in the low 30s. So break out your heavy coat for the morning, but later this afternoon you won’t need it! Temperatures soar well above average to highs in the low 70s today with sunny skies. Wind gusts will continue to gust near 40 mph during the afternoon and evening. The warming trend continues into the weekend with highs in the upper 70s on Saturday and eventually the low 80s for Easter. Break out your dresses, shorts and flip flops! Rain chances return late next week with cooler temperatures. Have a great weekend!
- TODAY: The 70s are back with sunny skies and blustery wind speeds. HIGH: 73
- SATURDAY: Break out your flip flops, shorts and dresses, because highs will flirt with the low 80s. HIGH: 78
- EASTER: You might break a sweat during your easter egg hunts! High temperatures soar into the low 80s by the afternoon. HIGH: 82
- MONDAY: Still warm in the 80s with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 83
- TUESDAY: Partly cloudy skies with highs in the low 80s. HIGH: 80
Meteorologist Brittany Foster