York Man Arrested for Child Porn

Jack Knight

By: Kelly Sommariva
ksommariva@klkntv.com

It's been an emotional roller coaster for several families since Jack Knight's arrest. Sheriff's deputies and the County Attorney met with those families on Tuesday afternoon, but the parents said they still had questions about the ongoing investigation.

The alleged crime happened in a flash. “Knowing I told my daughter I'd always be there no matter what to protect her and for this to happen, she's scared,” said one of the girl's parents. We're not identifying the parents in order to protect the children.

One of the fathers says he saw several photos of his daughter on Jack Knight's digital camera. 45-year-old Knight is accused of 3rd degree sexual assault of a child and creating child pornography.

According to court documents, Knight's daughter stumbled on the photographs on August 17th. the documents say the pictures on his camera showed him with three girls, all no more than 12-years-old, nude or in sexually explicit positions.

York County deputies arrested Knight last week after a 12-hour search. Court documents say when deputies found him near recharge lake, he had a black bag containing a pistol and ammunition. That's why one mother says she's scared for her daughter's life if he posts bond and gets out of jail.

District Court records show the families have applied for three protection orders, all of which a judge denied on “insufficient basis.” But a judge did order Knight not to have contact with anyone under the age of 19 if he posts bond. The families hope he doesn't get out at all.

“We've got counseling going, everything that needs to be done is being done except for the fact that there needs to be some protection,” said one of the parents.

Candace Dick, the York County Deputy Attorney, said the case is “still under investigation, and we will pursue every angle where the evidence takes us.”

“They say it's just a wound, it's just a little scratch. It's scars. It's something those kids have to live through, and are going to have to live through for the rest of their lives. We as parents are going to have to live it too to help them through it,” stated one of the girl's parents.

Knight is still in York County Jail and his bond has been set at $250,000. His next court appearance is set for August 30th.