160+ new cases of COVID-19 following Christmas holiday
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department announced on Saturday 162 new lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 since Christmas Day.
This brings the community total to 21,816 cases. The number of deaths remains at 146.
The county risk dial remains in the red position, indicating a severe risk of the virus spreading in the community.
The health department continues to encourage the community members to do the following:
- Stay at home unless traveling for work, school, food or medical care or to check on others who may need assistance.
- Work from home if possible.
- Wear a face mask when interacting with anyone outside of your household.
- Stay at least six feet away from anyone outside of your household.
- Avoid gatherings.
- Only visit businesses and participate in activities where public health guidelines are observed. The guidelines include mask wearing, physical distancing and capacity limits.
- Follow travel guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control at cdc.gov.
For more information, visit COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov or call the Health Department hotline at 402-441-8006.