8 people evacuate as fire races through Lincoln home

UPDATE, 10:05 a.m. — Lincoln Fire & Rescue says the blaze caused an estimated $60,000 in damage.

It was mostly contained to the attic, so there is no significant damage to the living area.

LFR said the fire was started by a faulty exhaust fan in a bathroom.


LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — Lincoln Fire & Rescue battled a house fire that forced eight people to evacuate Friday morning.

It started in a Southwest 24th Street home’s attic around 5:30 a.m.

The house is just a few blocks north of West South Street.

LFR tells that Channel 8 everyone made it out OK and that they do not know what started the blaze.

No word just yet on how much it will cost to repair the damage either.

Categories: Breaking News, Lancaster, News, Top Stories