Cooler today with a northerly breeze 12/3/2021
Southeast NE is off to a much chillier start this morning thanks to a cold front that is currently passing through the area. Temperatures are in the 30s and 40s this morning with the wind now out of the north. Make sure to send the kids to the bus stop with the appropriate layers on, as wind speeds are also increasing and could result in wind chill values in the 30s. Wind speeds will continue to increase later today resulting in a bit of a breeze for your Friday. While the breeze won’t be extremely gusty, the cooler air will still impact our high temperatures today. Highs will reach the upper 50s and low 60s today with mostly sunny skies. This is cooler than the last few days, but still mild for a December day as highs are normally in the low 40s. Temperatures cool down even further for your Saturday with highs in the upper 40s and then we warm back to the 50s for Sunday. Gusty winds will also return Sunday, so plan to do yard work on Saturday when it isn’t as windy out. Looking at next week, temperatures bounce back and forth between the upper 40s and low 50s with a few precipitation chances.
- TODAY: Cooler high temperatures in the upper 50s and low 60s, but still a nice sunny and warm December day. Wind speeds will pick up into the afternoon out of the north resulting in a bit of a northerly breeze for the rest of the day. HIGH: 59
- SATURDAY: Bigger drop in high temperatures as highs will only warm into the upper 40s. HIGH: 48
- SUNDAY: Partly cloudy skies and windy with highs in the low 50s. HIGH: 50
- MONDAY: Temperature’s struggle to warm into the mid-40s. HIGH: 42
- TUESDAY: Back in the mid-40s with overcast skies and the chance for showers. HIGH: 45
Meteorologist Brittany Foster