A bit warmer today 5/12/2021
Clear skies are currently allowing temperatures to quickly warm into the 60s across southeast Nebraska. While the sky may be clear for now, clouds are anticipated to build into the area this afternoon and evening. This will keep our high temperatures in the 60s today, but we will be a few degrees warmer than yesterday thanks to light southerly winds. Temperatures drop down to the low 40s overnight and clouds should prevent any frost from forming. High temperatures continue to warm into the weekend back to average and eventually above average next week. But nearly every single day on the 10 day outlook has a chance for rain.
- TODAY: Clouds will increase as the day progresses and highs will warm a little more today thanks to southerly winds. HIGH: 65
- THURSDAY: Partly cloudy skies with scattered showers in the forecast mainly to the north. Rain chances increase overnight into early Friday morning. HIGH: 69
- FRIDAY: Highs return to normal in the low 70s with a chance for rain in the morning. HIGH: 72
- SATURDAY: More mild temperatures with another round of morning rain. HIGH: 73
- SUNDAY: Scattered showers with highs in the low to mid-70s. HIGH: 74
Meteorologist Brittany Foster