Above average today and tomorrow; snow on Friday 12/8/2021
Temperatures are sitting in the 20s for most of southeast NE with wind chill values in the teens! Grab your winter gear before you head outside or before you send the kids off to the bus stop. Your afternoon will start off sunny with light wind speeds, but both will increase as we head into your afternoon and especially evening. Highs will return back above average in the low 50s today with warmer temperatures likely tomorrow. Overnight lows will even be warmer tonight in the low 30s with the slight chance for a little precipitation, but most of the area will remain dry. Highs will reach the mid-50s tomorrow before quickly dropping into your Friday with the chance for accumulating snow in NE.
- TODAY: Highs warm back above average and into the low 50s with increasing clouds and winds into the evening. HIGH: 50
- THURSDAY: Warmest day of the work week! Highs warm into the mid-50s with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 55
- FRIDAY: Hello snow! Snow is expected to fall throughout a majority of the day, with heavier accumulation expected in northern NE. As of now, it looks like southeast NE could see a T-2″ of snow on the ground by the end of the day with breezy conditions. This will mainly impact your evening commute home. HIGH: 39
- SATURDAY: Chilly highs in the upper 30s with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 39
- SUNDAY: Sunny skies and highs in the upper 40s. HIGH: 48
Meteorologist Brittany Foster