Accidental fire caused over $500,000 in damage to Grand Island home, officials say

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — The Grand Island Fire Department says Monday morning’s house fire caused more than $500,000 worth of damage.

Officials are blaming the total loss on an accidental electrical fire.

Thick, black smoke could be seen from more than a mile as units raced to Midaro Drive.

The temperature was well below freezing, with ice and snow on the ground, making the effort even more challenging.

GIFD also says two animals were likely inside the home when it caught fire.

So far, they have not been found.

Categories: Nebraska News, News