Another summer-like day to start off the work week 9/27/2021
Temperatures are all over the place this morning in southeast NE with some of you in the 50s, and others in the mid-70s. The Tri-Cities are currently on the cooler side in the 50s, so grab the jacket before you head outside. But if you live near the NE border, you don’t need the jacket, as temperatures are in the mid-70s. All of us are off to a dry and mild start this morning, but later today temperatures quickly heat up. Clear skies stick around into the afternoon, and high temperatures soar into the low 90s again for today.
We cool down a bit more overnight, with temperatures in the mid-50s for all of southeast NE with clear skies. Tuesday is looking just as hot as Monday with highs in the low 90s, but rain chances arrive Wednesday and start to cool us back near average in the 70s. Daily rain chances continue through the weekend with cooler temperatures.
- TODAY: Potential record-breaking high temperatures in the low 90s. HIGH: 93
- TUESDAY: Highs still in the low 90s with an isolated chance for rain in western NE. HIGH: 92
- WEDNESDAY: A tad cooler in the mid-80s with scattered thunderstorms likely starting in the afternoon. HIGH: 85
- THURSDAY: Feeling like fall again in the low 70s with scattered rain. HIGH: 73
- FRIDAY: First day of October! Highs remain in the low to mid-70s with an isolated chance for rain. HIGH: 75
Meteorologist Brittany Foster