Another warm day 4/5/2021
Temperatures are very mild this morning in the upper 50s and low 60s currently. You might not need the jacket this morning and you definitely won’t need it later today! Clouds will clear into the afternoon and temperatures will quickly warm to the low 80s today. Wind speeds could get a little breezy by the afternoon and evening, but the breeze might be a little refreshing because you could break a sweat today. Dew points will be in the 50s today, so you might notice a bit muggier conditions outside in the afternoon and evening. Thunderstorms develop overnight tonight mainly off to the northeast of the state. Our viewing area could see some rain, but most of it will arrive during the day tomorrow. Temperatures cool down to the 60s the next few days and our rain chances increase through Thursday. We could even see some strong to severe storms late Tuesday and Wednesday night. Make sure to check back here and watch our shows for the latest updates!
- TODAY: Last day with highs in the 80s. Wind speeds will pick up into the afternoon and evening with gusts up to 35 mph possible. HIGH: 84
- TUESDAY: A bit cooler with highs in the mid-70s. Showers and thunderstorms are likely throughout the day, so pack your rain gear! HIGH: 76
- WEDNESDAY: More scattered showers and thunderstorms are in the forecast with highs only in the low 60s. HIGH: 62
- THURSDAY: AM showers possible before we dry out for the rest of the day. HIGH: 66
- FRIDAY: Partly cloudy skies with highs in the upper 60s. HIGH: 68
Meteorologist Brittany Foster