Back in the 90s for your Tuesday 8/17/2021
Your Tuesday is off to a calm and dry start across southeast Nebraska! Temperatures are currently sitting in the 60s with mostly clear skies and light winds. Later today highs will soar back into the low 90s with breezy southerly winds. Skies will be pretty sunny, but a few fair weather cumulus clouds are possible this evening. Breezy southerly winds will continue the next few days and this will help transport moisture into the state. Humidity will increase as a result into the second half of the week and heat index values will near the triple digits. Rain arrives on Thursday, with a better chance for thunderstorms on Friday.
- TODAY: Pretty much a repeat of yesterday! Highs will reach the low 90s with mostly sunny skies and a nice southerly breeze. HIGH: 91
- WEDNESDAY: Another day with highs in the low 90s and breezy conditions. HIGH: 92
- THURSDAY: Highs are still in the low 90s, but an increase in dew point will make it feel more like the triple digits. (Potential for a Heat Advisory). There is also an isolated chance for rain during the day. HIGH: 91
- FRIDAY: Another toasty day with highs in the upper 80s and heat index values in the mid to upper 90s. Chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms. HIGH: 88
- SATURDAY: Sunny skies and cooler highs in the low to mid-80s. HIGH: 84
Meteorologist Brittany Foster