Big warming trend this week 7/19/2021
We are off to a foggy start to the new work week as patchy fog has spread across southeast Nebraska this morning. Visibility in some spots has dropped down below 2 miles, so use caution during your morning commute. Temperatures are well below average for July in the 50s and 60s currently with light winds. Later today we will see highs peaking in the mid to upper 80s for an overall cool end of July day. Clouds will clear into the afternoon and evening, so make sure to keep the shades handy. Another round of patchy fog is possible overnight into tomorrow morning with clearing skies throughout the day. High temperatures will warm well above average for the end of the week with highs flirting with the triple digits. Here comes the heat!
- TODAY: Highs only warm to the mid-80s with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 86
- TUESDAY: The area returns to near seasonal temps as highs flirt with the low 90s. HIGH: 89
- WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy skies with highs in the low 90s. HIGH: 90
- THURSDAY: Sunny skies with toasty temps in the mid-90s. HIGH: 94
- FRIDAY: HOT high temperatures in the upper 90s with heat index values in the triple digits. HIGH: 97
Meteorologist Brittany Foster