Bitter cold start to your Wednesday 4/14/2021
Current temperatures are hovering around the freezing mark this morning with some of you dropping into the upper 20s. Wind chill values for most of the eastern half of the area are in the low 20s, so make sure to bundle up this morning. Now is also a good time to bring your plants in if you forgot to last night and to watch your pipes for the next several hours. We will start off your day with mostly sunny skies, but clouds will gradually build in during the afternoon. This will help limit warming today as well as the wind out of the northwest still. Highs will only top out in the low 50s across the area, so I highly recommend wearing a light jacket today. Temperatures drop near freezing again overnight tonight with the possible of patchy frost forming. Cool temperatures linger into the rest of the week with highs in the low 50s. Rain also returns to the forecast late in the day Thursday and sticks around into Saturday.
- TODAY: Chilly day with highs in the low 50s and increasing clouds. HIGH: 53
- THURSDAY: Dry for most of the day with the chance for showers late in the evening. HIGH: 54
- FRIDAY: Overcast skies with scattered showers throughout the day. HIGH: 50
- SATURDAY: More spotty showers with partly cloudy skies and highs in the low 50s. HIGH: 52
- SUNDAY: Mostly cloudy skies with highs in the upper 50s. HIGH: 57
Meteorologist Brittany Foster