Blustery Wednesday Forecast 11/18/2020
Temperatures are on the mild side this morning as most of southeast Nebraska is in the 40s. This is due to southerly wind speeds that already are gusting up to 20 mph. Later today the wind will quickly pick up in intensity after sunrise with gusts easily getting up to 45 mph in some spots. As a result, a Red Flag Warning is in effect until 6 pm for most of southeast Nebraska. Despite the blustery conditions, the weather will actually be quite pleasant with highs in the low 70s and sunny skies. We hold onto the 70s into tomorrow before temperatures drop with a cold front and rain arrives during the weekend.
- TODAY: Mild with highs in the low 70s and windy conditions. Wind gusts could reach 45 mph in some spots and a RED FLAG WARNING is in effect until 6 pm. HIGH: 71
- THURSDAY: Another above average temp day with highs close to the mid-70s. Clouds will increase throughout the day as a cold front pushes southward during the evening. HIGH: 74
- FRIDAY: Highs drop closer to average in the mid-50s with mostly cloudy skies. HIGH: 56
- SATURDAY: Rain returns to the region and highs drop to the 40s. HIGH: 46
- SUNDAY: Lingering showers into the morning with a few flurries. Partly cloudy with highs in the 40s again. HIGH: 47
Meteorologist Brittany Foster