Breezy with cooler temps today 5/3/2021
Lingering showers and the possible t’storm are possible through your morning, so make sure to keep the rain gear handy! Temperatures are currently in the 50s across southeast Nebraska and wind speeds are on the lighter side. But these light wind speeds will quickly turn gusty as we head into the afternoon and evening today. Northwesterly wind gusts around 30 mph are possible for the second half of your Monday. These breezy and cool winds will keep temperatures in the low to mid-60s today along with the mostly cloudy skies. Wind speeds relax a bit overnight and clouds clear to partly cloudy. Overnight temperatures will drop to the mid-45s as a result and temperatures to our west will be near freezing. High temperatures stay below average through the week, and our next chance of rain arrives late in the day Tuesday.
- TODAY: Rain showers push out by the afternoon, and we are left with cloudy skies. Wind speeds increase for the rest of the day with gusts near 30 mph. HIGH: 64
- TUESDAY: Mostly sunny skies with highs in the low to mid-60s. HIGH: 64
- WEDNESDAY: Highs flirt with the low 70s with the slight chance for scattered showers. HIGH: 68
- THURSDAY: Still stuck in the 60s with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 64
- FRIDAY: Scattered showers with highs back in the upper 60s. HIGH: 67
Meteorologist Brittany Foster