Cause of death determined for Nebraska 4-year-old

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) – Carbon monoxide poisoning is the apparent cause of death for a 4-year-old Nebraska girl, whose Kansas grandfather is charged with first-degree murder.

According to court records related to the death of Brandy Funk, testing found a carbon monoxide level more than six times above a lethal level in the girl’s blood.

Brandy, of Beatrice, Nebraska, died in July. Court documents say Timothy Wayne Funk Sr. acknowledged he left a generator running in the garage of his Silver Lake, Kansas, home with its door shut while watching the girl and another granddaughter.

The other child survived.

Categories: Top Stories