CDC: Give thanks under these new guidelines
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — Although this holiday requires minimal movement, aside from shoveling mash potatoes into your mouth, the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) has released new COVID-19 guidelines for Thanksgiving.
The CDC says you should plan on low-risk activities like:
- Host a small dinner with the people you live with.
- Create and deliver (no-contact) dishes with nearby family and neighbors.
- Plan a virtual dinner with your loved ones via Zoom.
- Try to get your shopping done online rather than going to the store.
- Watch sports events, parades, and movies at home.
However, the CDC says your family should AVOID high-risk activities like:
- Shopping in crowded stores.
- Attending a crowded sports event, parade, or large indoor gathering.
Click here for the full updated CDC guidelines.