Chilly with evening flurries & showers today 4/20/2021
Some of you are starting off your Tuesday with snow! Snow is still falling and sticking in far southeast Nebraska this morning, and this is making roads slick. Use caution if you live in the southeast or plan on traveling there in the next few hours. Temperatures are also flirting around the freezing mark, so make sure to bundle up this morning before you head outside! Clouds will pull apart at times during the afternoon and evening which will lead to partly cloudy skies. But temperatures will only warm to the upper 40s today with the occasional sprinkle or flurry as the last of this system pushes out of the state. We could see a few scattered flurries and showers picking up into the evening before we dry out overnight tonight. Clouds will clear tonight and temperatures will drop down to the upper 20s as a result. Make sure to bring the plants inside, and keep them inside for the rest of the week. Several more cool mornings are on the way. The 50s return tomorrow and we continue to warm into the end of the week. Our next chance of precipitation returns Thursday night.
- TODAY: Sunshine will return for half of the day today before clouds build back in along with scattered showers and flurries. HIGH: 48
- WEDNESDAY: Mosly sunny skies with dry conditions and warmer highs. HIGH: 54
- THURSDAY: Partly cloudy skies with highs in the upper 50s. Showers are likely late in the day. HIGH: 57
- FRIDAY: Hello 60s! Mostly sunny skies with near average highs. HIGH: 63
- SATURDAY: Another 60-degree day with sunny skies. HIGH: 63
Meteorologist Brittany Foster