Cigarette sparks another early morning fire in Lincoln, officials say

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — A Lincoln home has extensive damage following the third day of early morning fires here in the Capital City.

Several Lincoln Fire & Rescue units were dispatched around 7 a.m. Wednesday to the home near 27th Street and Old Cheney Road.

The small fire took place in the garage, and authorities say the blaze was caused by an improperly disposed cigarette. The estimated damage to the garage is around $75,000.

One man was in the home at the time of the blaze, authorities said.

Officials are encouraging people to properly dispose of their cigarettes to prevent accidental fires this fall and winter.

Categories: Lancaster, News, Top Stories