Clearing skies & cool highs today 4/12/2021
We are off to a chilly start this morning with temperatures in the 30s and 40s. Most of southeast Nebraska currently is starting off with partly cloudy skies and blustery wind speeds. These gusty conditions are resulting in wind chill values in the 20s and 30s, so bundle up before you leave! Later today the clouds will clear, resulting in mostly sunny skies with the rest of the day. Highs will be cooler in the low 60s with blustery wind gusts up to 30 mph. These strong wind gusts combined with dry weather, are resulting in an elevated risk for fire weather today so do not burn. Temperatures plunge overnight tonight, right near the freezing mark. Make sure to cover or bring any plants inside to protect them from the cold. We could see several more cold mornings into Wednesday with lows near freezing, so it might be a good idea to leave the plants inside until Thursday. Temperatures continue to cool into Thursday with below average highs in the 50s. We gradually warm into the weekend and rain chances increase Thursday through Saturday.
- TODAY: Cooler conditions with highs in the upper 50s and low 60s. Blustery wind speeds with gusts around 30 mph . HIGH: 60
- TUESDAY: Mostly sunny skies with highs in the upper 50s. HIGH: 58
- WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy skies with even cooler temperatures in the upper 50s. HIGH: 57
- THURSDAY: Spotty showers with highs in the mid-50s. HIGH: 56
- FRIDAY: Scattered showers throughout the day with cool highs in the mid-50s. HIGH: 55
Meteorologist Brittany Foster